Friday, June 12, 2009

Can't Live Without: My Levi's

I haven't quite caught on to the whole designer jean thing, although I feel as if I should. My hangup is, I feel jeans are meant to be lived in, not showcased. While every job I've had has held a loosely based business casual dress code, I never wear jeans to work. And I have a hard time convincing myself it's okay to wear them to any sort of chic(ish) occasion. Therefore, it may come as no surprise that my fave pair of jeans is no pair of fancy pants. It's my Levi's 509 flares. So yesteryear, yet so, so comfortable. And so much better suited to my body than anything else I've ever tried (and I feel as if I've tried them all).


Now, these jeans are a Size 9 (yes, I just admitted to you my pant size), which means they're from (gasp!) the Juniors section. That's right: My jeans are meant for teens. I haven't been a teenager for eight years, but Juniors jeans tend to be shorter, which means I don't have to embarrass myself by asking my tailor, "Will you please hem my Levi's?" Also, I need a little flare to balance out these hips of mine, and fewer jeans meant for adults bear this sort of shape anymore.

I'm not sure how long I've had my Levi's, but I think it's been over four years now. To me, that means they're really worth something. Hey, they're at least worth the $40 I paid for them, right? At this point, they're kind of like the Skin Horse from The Velveteen Rabbit. They're worn down and none too shiny, and that means they're really loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment