Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bumpits: Bizarre or Brilliant?

Has anyone taken the time to try these things? They're called Bumpits, and apparently, they're an alternative to teasing--they give your hair that extra lift without your having to rip your tresses into a bird's nest.

Now, my hair is so darn flat, that not even teasing gives it the oomph I'd like. That's why I'm tempted to buy myself some bumpits, although the name alone makes me a bit nervous. Also, I can't imagine my hair staying in place effectively enough to hide the bumpit itself all day long. And I think it'd be a bit embarrassing to have something that looks like this showing through your hair:

You can learn more about bumpits on the product's very own website. The site has just about all the information you could ever want on a gadget like this, including infomercial-style videos. I am so curious to know if anyone has had some honest-to-goodness bumpit success, so please comment if you can!

2 comments:

  1. These commercials crack me up! They are so funny, I think it would have to be ridiculous, but I have crazy huge curly hair.... no need for a bump-it.... If you buy them, PLEASE post pictures of the whole process. -e

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used one for Halloween -- well, actually, I used two (I was Marie Antoinette)! And they were comfy and it honestly my hair wasn't as "bumped" up as I thought it'd be.I think their great for special occasions, but only the "mini bumpit" would be practical for every day use (if you wanna go that far!).

    ReplyDelete