Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Style Muse: Zoe Saldana


Admittedly, the only movie so far in which I've seen Zoe Saldana is Pirates of the Caribbean, but it's apparent that I, and the rest of the world, will be seeing more, much more of her in the near future. She stars in the current blockbuster movie Star Trek, as well as the much-talked-about Avatar. I'm not positive which premier she's pictured at here...I'm thinking Avatar? Any ideas? In any case, she is projecting just the sort of look after which I tend to lust.

I am a huge Jean Paul Gaultier fan, so it's no surprise that I love Zoe in this whimsical, yet structured outfit of his. I love the way she grounds the pink frothiness with a wide black belt, tights, and chunky shoes. Leaving the collar untied is also an excellent choice, and her natural beauty...well, I'm sure she just can't help herself, in that area.

My actual style muses are few and far between, since I tend to walk a thin, jumpy, twisted line between totally trendy and unapologetically avant-garde. Zoe Saldana is, therefore, a rare role model in my style file.

This isn't the only look of Zoe's I've coveted (I may not have seen many of her movies yet, but I've seen my fair share of pics). She always manages to appear spirited and unique, and yet oh so refreshingly natural. She's breathtakingly gorgeous, but part of her appeal is that she doesn't try too hard--not in the least. I mean, come on: long-sleeved blouse, tights, a skirt that hits below the knee, and the woman still looks 100% sexy. Her secret? I'm thinking a strong sense of self.

No comments:

Post a Comment