Sunday, June 21, 2009

In Search Of: Chunky, Summer Sandals

When it comes to shoes, I prefer stacked over stiletto. It may not sound very ladylike, but I'd much rather be wearing a clunky, chunky, grounded, grungy pair of shoes than anything close to "dainty." Therefore, I'm excited to see so many chunkier sandals in stores this season. They're being paired with everything from harem pants, to shorts, to long skirts, and I need to get me some before summer has passed me by.

I am in love with the magical forest color of this pair by Jeffrey Campbell. They look so easy to walk in, and are selling for under $100. The problem, is, I normally shy away from colored footwear, as I worry I won't be able to find enough to wear it with. I need someone to convince me that colors other than black and brown can be versatile. Pronto!


This pair from DKNYC is of a flattering height, but sturdy enough to trek through outdoor terrain. I actually like that these sandals don't show too much skin. This fact makes me think I'd have an easier time dressing them up for work. I'm not a fan of the two-tone heel, however. Shoes that mix black with brown never manage to convince me that they can really be worn with anything. That said, another selling point of this pair is the slingback strap. I always find slingbacks more comfortable than other styles.
Good ol' Frye. I pretty much love everything the brand comes out with. These sandals are certainly no exception. They almost look as if they're made entirely out of wood. I worry that they'd be difficult to walk in, but they possess just the right combination of sexiness and casual ruggedness. They're selling at Urban Outfitters, so I'll easily be able to hop on over and try them on.

1 comment:

  1. I love the color of the first pair, but the style of the third pair.... I guess that doesn't help at all though, huh? -e

    ReplyDelete